Maria Farrell works as a communication consultant and internet policy advisor. Maria Farrell is a writer and independent consultant; her expertise is in Internet policy development, communication, and community-building. She currently serves as a Communications Consultant and Task Manager of Electronic Waste (Brazil) for infoDev, an IT division within The World Bank.
We met at the ARNES “Mreža znanja 2017” conference where she gave a talk about internet of things, smart technologies and smart cities. The talk also touch on the development of the internet policies, internet governance and digital activism.
The podcast features music by Igor Pumphonia – Spend A Little More Time (Original Mix) (2017)
Citizen D advice:
- Participate in the internet policy development talks on a local level
- Demand privacy by default in any new IOT technology
- Support privacy activists
- Marion Fourcade and Kieran Healy, “Seeing Like a Market.” – link
- James C. Scott, “Seeing like a State” – link
- link , “Big other: surveillance capitalism and the prospects of an information civilization” –
- Tim Wu, “The Master Switch: The Rise and Fall of Information Empires” – link
- Technology, power and human nature: How the IoT is changing public and private spaces – link
About the podcast:
Podcast Citizen D gives you a reason for being a productive citizen. Citizen D features talks by experts in different fields focusing on the pressing topics in the field of information society and media. We can do it. Full steam ahead!