Daniel’s project AI Myths dismantles harmful misconceptions about AI, from superintelligence to objectivity. Whether it’s claims about AI revolutionizing the insurance industry or enabling Orwellian mass surveillance, everyone seems to be talking about ‘artificial intelligence’ these days.
Unfortunately, much of this talk is riddled with myths, misconceptions and inaccuracies. And these myths, misconceptions and inaccuracies can be harmful for the general society.
In our conversation, we touch upon the analysed myths and the origin of AI myths project, the problematic AI implementations and the worrysome political debate revolving around AI regulation that is happening in the EU right now.
Music provided by Cousin Silas
Citizen D advice:
- Participate in the public debate and demand political responsibility
- Filter through the media noise on AI and seek our relevant information sources on the matter
- Fuck the algorithm (and the people who made it, approved it and used it)!
- England exams row timeline: was Ofqual warned of algorithm bias? – article
- Debunking 8 Harmful Myths About AI – project website
- Europe’s bid to stay world’s digital cop fizzles to life – article
- ‘F*ck the algorithm’? 5 ways algorithms already rule our lives – article
About the podcast:
Podcast Citizen D gives you a reason for being a productive citizen. Citizen D features talks by experts in different fields focusing on the pressing topics in the field of information society and media. We can do it. Full steam ahead!