Davi Ottenheimer is the Vice President of Trust and Digital Ethics at Inrupt, a company striving to restore the power of balance on the web through data decentralization technology.
For over 25 years, he has worked to apply security models to preserve human rights and freedoms. He is the co-author of Securing the Virtual Environment: How to Defend the Enterprise Against Attack (2012) and the author of The Realities of Securing Big Data (2020).
We sat down and talked to him about saving the world wide web one more time, the need for more humanities in the digital tech sector and the course of history that made the web we use today.
Music by Count Silas
Citizen D advice:
- Include more humanities profiles into digital development cycle
- Demand political responsibility when implementing technology into the public sphere
- Support the individuals in the industry trying to speak out
- Davi Ottenheimer on Data Ethics and How to Save the Web – article
- “Could Better Technology Protect Privacy when a Crisis Requires Enhanced Knowledge” – presentation
- How Web De-Centralization May Be the Civil Rights Battle of Our Time – presentation
About the podcast:
Podcast Citizen D gives you a reason for being a productive citizen. Citizen D features talks by experts in different fields focusing on the pressing topics in the field of information society and media. We can do it. Full steam ahead!