Alexandrine Royer is the educational program manager at the Montreal AI Ethics Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated to democratizing AI ethics literacy.
With the rising local political interest in Uber we sat down with Alexandrine to talk about the issue of ghost work and the platformization of digital economy in general.
What are some issues that are having negative impact on the social-economical system, what will be effect of the current syndicalization and regulation attempts in the sphere of digital economy and what can we focus on today to improve the situation of tomorrow.
Music by Count Silas
Citizen D advice:
- Think of (digital) work as a political category
- Local political implementation of platform captalism are important
- Rethink your position of a consumer from a political point of view
- AI: Ghost workers demand to be seen and heard – article
- Underpaid Workers Are Being Forced to Train Biased AI on Mechanical Turk – article
- Artificial intelligence has been weaponized in China. That should be a wake-up call for the world – article
About the podcast:
Podcast Citizen D gives you a reason for being a productive citizen. Citizen D features talks by experts in different fields focusing on the pressing topics in the field of information society and media. We can do it. Full steam ahead!